I am Dr. Shailendra Sharma form Indore Madhya Pradesh (M.P.) India. Presently working as a Principal in Shri Umiya Girls College Mandleshwar, M.P.(Devi Ahilya Vishwa Vidyalaya Indore) since April,2010 .
I have done M.Sc. in Zoology from D.A.V.V. Indore in 1995 and PhD in Zoology on “Biodiversity of Littoral Benthic organisms and trophic relationships with shorebirds and fishes in Sirpur lake Indore.”
My expertise are in Limnology, Aquatic Biodiversity and Ichthyology, Environmental Biotechnology .
My Teaching experiences are as follows:
- Worked as a fellow ’C’ in Alternate Hydro Center from IIT, Roorkee.
- Worked as an Assistant Professor (Under College Code 28 as per Madhya Pradesh University Ordinance 1973)at the Department of Zoology, P.M.B. Gujarati Science College, Indore,M.P.,INDIA, (1995-2008) 13 years.
- Worked as a Task Manager with Madhya Pradesh Jan Abhiyan Parishad (Ministry of finance, planning, Economics and statistics of M.P. Government (July 03, 2008 –March 31, 2010.
Research and other Academic Experience-
- Approved Ph.D Guide of Zoology by RDC, Board of Studies, Devi Ahilya Vishwa Vidyalaya Indore.
- Approved Guide for M.Phil in Zoology Devi Ahilya Vishwa Vidyalaya Indore (5 students of M.Phil in Zoology have been awarded).
- Technical Consultant (Honorary based) for River Management and Conservation in Narmada Samagra, Bhopal.Madhya Pradesh since 2007 till date.
- Senior Consultant (Honorary based) for Fisheries Management in Vibhavari Dewas, Madhya Pradesh since 2002 till date.
- Research & Development (R&D) Experience since July 1997.
- Three years with a Non Governmental Organization, “Snasath Viju Vishu Indore” working as Chairman(Honorary based).
- Head ,Study Center of MAHATMA GANDHI ANTARRASHTRIYA HINDI VISHWAVIDYALAYA WARDHA.
I am the member of following institute:
- Member of Zoological society of India.
- Member of Society of life sciences.
- Member of Indian association of hydrologists, IIT, Roorkee.
- Member of Indian association of Aquatic Biologists, Hyderabad (A.P.)
|2005: Dr. D. K. BELSARE GOLD MEDAL” Contribution in Aquatic Biodiversity.||National Conference on Bio-informatics & Contemporary Drifts in Life Science, held at Bhopal (M.P.).|
|2006:Fellow Award titled Fellow of Zoological Society of India”(F.Z.S.I.)||Awarded by Zoological society of India.|
|2006: Award titled “Honorary Fellowship(F.S.L.Sc.)||Awarded by Society of life sciences.|
- Research work on “Agnihotra” –
- “Sankalp Vraksha Abhiyan” – based on Biodiversity conservation and development of green belt on river bank “Narmada”. In this abhiyan, we plant a tree on the birthday of either students or faculty members .
- Organized International river festival (International conference) in 2008 and in 2010, at Bandhraban, Hoshangabad, M.P. India
- Organized training cum workshop on Biotechnology Instrumentation at 2010 in Shree Umiya Girls College, Mandleshwar, M.P., India
- Organized training cum workshop on Disaster Management in 2006 at P.M.B. Gujarati Science College Indore, M.P. India.